DescriptionRequisition Number 14-0211
Title FIRST OFFICER
Job Family Pilot
Location Various Base Locations
City Las Vegas
Job Type Full-Time
DOT Regulated Yes
What does a First Officer do for Allegiant?
The First Officer is the second in command and performs the duties as described below, and as directed by the Captain.
What are some of the daily duties of a First Officer?
· Each crewmember’s first responsibility is the safety of passengers, other crewmembers and the
· Is familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Captain
· Will bring to the Captain’s attention, assertively if necessary, information regarding the safety of flight which the Captain may not have considered
· Will bring to the Captain’s attention any deviation from standard operating procedures
· Will be familiar with weather, payload, fuel, and other factors which apply to the flight
· Completes necessary avionics, flight instrument, systems and fuel quantity checks
· Reports mechanical discrepancies to the Captain
· Prepares the load manifest, including weight and balance computations, and confirm, along with the Captain, that the aircraft is properly loaded and within center of gravity and performance limits for takeoff
· Operates the aircraft or assists the Captain as directed
· Verifies that each checklist is properly completed
· Monitors ATC clearances and ensure that the Captain understands clearances accepted from ATC
· Assists in securing the aircraft when necessary at termination of the flight
· Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a First Officer?
· High School diploma or equivalent; College preferred.
· ATP Certificate; 3000 flights hours (fixed wing), Jet, and PIC time preferred.
· Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Airplane Multiengine Land (AMEL).
· 3,000 flight hours (fixed wing), Jet and PIC time preferred.
· All pilots must verify their flight time by logbooks
· Has not reached the age 65
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a First Officer?
· Current Second Class Medical Certificate (must have current First Class Certificate when hired).
· Ability to read and write English.
· Basic computer skills.
· Must pass a background check and five (5) year pre-employment drug screen.
· Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
· The System Chief Pilot may waive the time requirements contained above if the candidate has other experience that would make him/her qualified for the position. All waivers will be in writing and will be placed in the pilot’s permanent record.
What are the physical requirements of a First Officer (if applicable)
· Travel required.
· Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Must pass background check and pre-drug screening.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.